Quick post with a quick recipe. I love coconut so as anything out of Posto/poppy seeds. I was never a kind of fish lover. But as you grow old your taste buds change too. Now I love eating fish more than any-other non veg items at the same time love trying different kind of fish recipes. This one I made in a hurry but it really came out well. Do try it and let me know how much you liked it.
Rohu Fish blocks - 5pcs
Poppy Seed - 2 tblsn
Coconut (Scrapped/grated) - 1 cup
Potato - 1 small cut in cubes (optional)
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tspn
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tspn + 1/4 tspn
Salt & Sugar as per taste
Green Chillies - 2- 3
Mustard oil - To fry the fish
1. Rub 1/2 tspn turmeric and salt to the fish blocks.
2. Paste the poppy seed and coconut in a smooth paste. You can green chilli to the paste too to enhance the taste more.
3. Heat oil in a Kadai. Fry the fish till it turns light brown.
4. After taking off all the fish from the kadai, make sure there is only 3/4 tbspn oil is remaining. If you have more in the Kadai then take out the excess oil. If adding potot then you can fry the potota with that excess oil.
5. Add mustard seed in the remaining oil. then the potatoes if adding. fry for a couple of minutes. Then add the poppyeed paste. Add the remianing 1/4 tspn turmeric powder. Stir well for a while (2-3 minutes). Add water (1 cup - See notes). Bring in to boil then add the fish. Add salt and sugar as per taste. Once the pototo is boiled, take it off the gas. Add green chilies and serve with hot rice.
1. If you are not adding potato then add 1/2 cup or more water just for cooking the fish and the gravy consistency you want.
2. You can add curry leaves and coriendar leaves too to enhance the taste more.