Another new year stepped in. Wish you all good luck and happiness. All of you stay hearty and healthy. Eat well and a balanced diet. Drink gallons of water and juice to avoid dehydration from this scorching heat. This year summer is proving to be the hottest in regard to the past years. Any way, we never fail to celebrate any occassion that comes to our way whether it is too hot, or too cold. On this auspicious occasion of Bengali New year I wish you all Shubho Nababarsho. Hope this year will be a prosperous year for all of you. Enjoy the dish.
Boneless Chicken - 200gm
Onion - 1 medium size
Ginger & Garlic paste - 1 tspn
Tomato - 1 small
Yogurt - 1 tspn
Turmeric Powder - 1/ tspn
Cumin Powder- 1/2 tspn
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tspn
Red chili powder - 1/4 tspn (More or less)
Whole Shahi garam masala - (Cinnamon - 1 small stick, Black pepper - 1-2, All Spice 1-2, Mace, Green Cardamom 1, Black Cardamom seeds - 2-3, Clove - 1-2, Bay leaves - 1 )
Shahi Garam Masala Powder - 1/4 tspn
Ghee - 1 tspn
Oil - 1 tspn
Salt & Sugar as per taste.
1. Cut the boneless chicken into thin slices.Mix all the powdered spices and salt except the shahi garam masala with yogurt and make a smooth paste. Marinate the chicken for a while.
2. Chop the onion and tomato separately.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Then add ghee. Add the whole garam masala. Once they splutter add the chopped onion. Saute till they turn semi brown.
4. Add the ginger garlic paste. Saute till turns brown. Add the Tomato.
5. Once the tomato is cooked well and starts to loose oil add the chicken. Keep on cooking on medium flame till the chicken turns soft and tender.
6. Add the shahi garam masala and sugar (If needed). Blend nicely with the chicken. Once it is dry and well cooked, Take it off the stove and serve with rice or roti.Note:
You can add potato if you want.
For the veg version, the recipe works well with paneer and mixed vegetables.