A year passed away in a wink. And another is just standing in the doorstep to get welcomed with an open arm with lots of dreams and pending jobs to fulfill which remained untouched or unsuccessful this year. This year has seen many ups and downs, face offs and at the same time showered me with some precious friends without whom now life can't even think of breathing. This post is dedicated to that friendship, truly to those friends who are so near to my heart, my OXYGEN.......
And at the same time wish you all Happy New year 2014....
(Yields 11 to 12 medium size cupcakes)
Flour- 1 cup
Eggs - 2
Butter - 100gm (I used Amul)
Icing Sugar- 1 cup
Cocoa Powder - 2tbspns
Milk - 1/2 cup (more or less)
Baking Power - 1 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Mixed fruit Jam - 1 tbspn
Chopped Cherries - 4- 5
Cherries to decorate - 11-12
Whipped Cream - 1/2 cup
Water - 2tbspns
- Add Flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder and sieve nicely at least from 4-5 times.
- Beat the butter and the sugar in a smooth paste. Add egg one at time and beat nicely. Add the flour mixture and fold nicely altogether. Slowly add the milk. When you will lift the spatula the batter will drop in a thick string.
- Pre- heat the oven to 200 degree C for 6-8 mnts. (I baked it in to OTG).
- Take a muffin pan and line the cupcake liners. Pour the batter in to each cups.
- Bake for 25-30 mnts at 180 Degree C or until a toothpick pricked comes out clean.
- Take them out and shift the cupcake into a cooling rack and cool.
- Take a piping bag and pour the whipped cream in to the piping bag with a tip/nozzel inserted.
- Dissolve the jam in the water.
- Take the cupcakes and cut the top with the knife like a plus. Slowly soak the top with the jam paste and then top with chopped cherries.
- Pipe the cream on the top of each cupcake and the decorate it with cherry and chopped chocolates or chocolate rice.
I made these Black forest cakes long back. Hope you will like them.
Sending this to the KFB Baking Palooza 2013 Event: