Another week of "Know your Kolkata Food Bloggers Friend" event, another week to introduced one of our blogger friends. This time whom I am going to introduce, is one of my favourite and very close ones. We know each other for almost 2 years I guess but only as a fellow blogger. It has only happened when she returned back to Kolkata and joined our group 9 months back and in a wink she became so close to me/us. Sarani Tarafdar who blogs form Cocoawind, is one of the glamorous, gorgeous and beautiful ladies of our group. She will always be found with a heart melting smile at whatever situation she may be. She is one of the most dedicated members of the group who first thinks for her group than anything else. For instance, we had a video shoot and without her it would not be possible. Just on that very day her son got high fever. But she did come managing all her household problems and fulfilled her commitment towards her group. She is that kind of a lady who knows what a promise and commitment called. She is one of the most reliable ladies whom you can trust blindly. As much as I love her, I respect her more. An ex banker and a guest faculty of KPC Medical College by profession, she is also a cinematographer, a photographer and a great writer.
Her blog is new but already you will find some delectable recipes. Today I have chosen from her blog one of the most common recipes - Chilli Chicken. Chilli chicken is one of the famous Indo-Chinese dishes. I have made Chilli Fish and Chilli Mutton instead. So here I am giving the recipe of Chilli Fish and more or less the same way I cooked Chilli Mutton too.
Fish Fillet (Basa/ Bhetki) - 250-300gm (Cubed)
Onion - 1 big diced
Chopped Garlic - 1 tsp
Ginger paste - 1/2 tspn
Capsicum - 1 big diced (I used some coloured one too)
Flour - enough to coat the chicken cubes
Cornflour - 1 tsp to make gravy
Soy sauce - 2 tbsp + 1 tbspn
Vinegar - 1 tbsp
Chilli Sauce - 1 tsp + 1 tspn
Tomato Sauce - 1 tbsp + 1spn
Salt to taste
Green Chili - I didn't add
Oil - enough to fry the chicken cubes
- Marinate the fish cubes for 30 mnts with the first portion of Soy sauce, chilli sauce , vinegar and tomato sauce and salt.
- Add Flour to it in small amount slowly to coat each cube nicely.
- Heat enough oil in a pan/kodai and fry the fish cubes 4-5 cubes at a time till they are brown and crisp.
- Strain out the fries from the oil and soak the excess oil from the fried fish cubes with a kitchen towel and reserve.
- Heat a little amount of oil. Add the garlic. Let them turn brown. Add the onion cubes.
- When the onion cubes will turn translucent add the ginger paste. Sauté for a while then add the capsicum. Fry for 2- 3 mnts.
- Add all the sauces and the fish fries and fold nicely. Add 1/2 cup water and bring it in to boil. If you need more gravy then you can add more water.
- Dilute the corn flour in 2tsp water and add it slowly to the gravy. Don't forget to stir constantly. Cook for few more mnts and then serve.
I made it with boneless mutton. First boiled the mutton and then marinated. Then did the same way I cooked the Chilli fish. Only the sauces had been given a bit more to enhance the taste.