Today I make it a quick post. After making this dish I have posted it on my Facebook page and have totally forgotten to blog on it. That is only then, when one of my readers put it on my notice that the recipe has not been shared yet. It feels really great when you have such readers who follow you with such minute details. I am one lucky soul to have such readers. So here is the recipe Baked Basa Pan Fried in Thai Style:
Basa Fillet - 1 large
Thai Sweet Chilly Sauce - 2 tbspn
Light Soy Sauce - 2 tbspn
Ginger Garlic paste- 1 tbspn
lemon juice- 1tspn
Dry Lemon Grass- few sprigs
Salt and Sugar - as per taste
For the Fry:
Mushroom (sliced) - 1 cup
Baby Corn (julienned) - 1/2 cup
Capsicum (sliced) - 1/2 cup
Garlic (chopped) - 1 tbspn
Ginger ((julienned)) - 1 tspn
Whole Dry Red Chilli - 2- 3 (Seeded and pieced)
Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce - 2 tbspn
Dark Soy Sauce - 1 tbspn
Salt and Sugar as per taste.
Olive Oil - 1 tbspn
- Cube the Fillet as your required size. Make sure it should not be too small.
- Marinade the cubes with all the ingredients under Marinate.
- Take baking tray. Cover it with aluminum foil. Line the fillet cubes.
- Bake each side each for 7 + 7 mnts. And then grill for 5 mnts.
- Take a nonstick pan. Heat oil. Add the chopped garlic and the Dry red chilli.
- Let the Garlic turn brown add all the other veggies and sauté till then are semi cooked. And the sauces, salt and sugar.
- Stir well in high flame. Add the fish cubes and very carefully fold them with the veggies. Be very careful that the fish cubes should not get broken. Cook for a couple of minutes in high flame. Then serve with fried rice or noodles.
1. If you don't want to bake then you can coat the marinated fish cubes in corn flour or flour and deep fry.
2. Basa is a very soft and fragile textured fish. so handle it care.