Buying OTG has become a boon for us which has opened the door of heaven where we can taste the succulent meat roast. The incredible taste of roasted meat can't be got in a Convection Micro-oven. Now I am a proud Kitchen Queen where I most of the time welcome whole chicken roasts at our dinner table and my daughter too, often insists to have it. A roasted whole chicken tastes better when you bake it with skin. But the man of the house always prefers skinned chicken. So I have to prepare it always without skin. Last time I tried Balsamic Herb RoastedChicken and that turned out a finger smacking dish. This time I tried a different version of roasting a whole chicken.
This season's last bunch of fresh Apricots and Plums were laying around without any fixed preparation in mind how I could use them. I didn't want to use them in any dessert. So just the thought came to use them in a savoury dish. So I tried making a sauce out of Apricot and Plum and marinated it with chicken and roasted it. And to my surprise it again turned out a lip smacking dish. We enjoyed the dish till the last bite. So here is the recipe.
For the Sauce:
Fresh Apricot- 5-6 (Seeded and Sliced)
Fresh Plum- 5-6 (Seeded and Sliced)
Wine Vinegar: 1/4 cup
White Paper Powder: 1/2 tea spoon
Salt- 1/4 tea spoon (+ more)
Sugar- 3 tea spoons (More or less. See Notes)
Olive oil- 1 tea spoon
Dry Onion Flakes- 1 tea spoon (I used store bought)
Water- 1 cup
Marinate the Chicken:
Lemon - 1/2 of one
Salt- 1 tea spoon
- First marinate the chicken by rubbing salt and Lemon all over it for an hour or so. Don't forget to slit the flesh of the chicken with a sharp knife so that the juice of the sauce goes well inside the whole chicken.
- Let us make the sauce now. Fry the garlic in olive oil. Add everything under Sauce along with the fried garlic and boil for 8-10mnts. Cool it and make a smooth paste .
- Pour it over the whole chicken and marinate it for at list couple of hours.
- Power on the OTG. Set the temperature at 220 C degree. Put the Chicken on the rotisserie. Don't discard the sauce, reserve. Bake for 30mnts. Then brush the chicken with the remaining sauce and reserve the leftover if there is any. Bake for 30mnts more.
- Then take out the roasted chicken.
- In a pan heat a 1/2 tspn oil and add the sauce and cook in low flame till it gets thicken. Glaze the roasted chicken with the sauce and enjoy.
I had some extra sauce. So I grilled some mushroom and sauteed them with the sauce and they came out real nice..
This is my entry for the Blogging Marathon that we Kolkata Food Bloggers have started. The concept behind it is to post in alternative days in the remaining day of August. At the same time we will have frequent posting and get rid of the drafts those which have been resting in the folders for decades. The Mastermind behind this event is Sayantani who blogs at A Homemaker's Diary.
The other Kolkata Food Bloggers who will be participating in this Marathon are:
1. Amrita - Vishal @ http://amritavishal127.blogspot.in/
2. Archita @ http://architashomecooking.blogspot.in/
4. Sayantani @ ahomemakersdiary.com