After a lot of discussions and debates I determined to get proved myself whether OTG (Oven, Toaster, and Griller) is better or convection Micro Oven. So I bought one OTG. During my USA stay I was first introduced to the baking world. And never thought that after coming to India I had to scratch my head and tax my brain so much to choose the right oven. I was so satisfied with the conventional oven in USA that I decided to by the same one after returning back to India. But after coming here the picture was totally different. Conventional oven was not that much famous here. For the buildup ovens the space was the biggest problem. Then came so many different issues that forced me to drop the plan and go for a Convection Micro Oven- All in one. Till date I was totally satisfied with that one when one of my readers asked me that she heard baking cake in OTG was better than the convection MW. I was not able answer her as I didn't have any experience with it. So I shared this question with my foodie friends and foodie groups. And there I found most were recommending for an OTG. So I did not shuffle my brain too much and bought one OTG. OTG is quite inexpensive and very light weighted. You alone can carry the machine form this room to that room. And that I found was the best part of it.
The first dish I cooked is this Balsamic Herb Whole Chicken. I was a bit scared when the dish started to get cooking. I hardly move that 1 hour from my kitchen. The outcome was truly very much satisfactory. The chicken was so juicy and didn't have that dryness what we usually got in the convection MW. It was perfectly roasted and tasted awesome. My man and my daughter they relishes the dish till the last bite. Overall from my first experience I was very much satisfied and contended. This is dish is a part of the Italian Cuisine. Once I have seen this kind of recipe where the chicken gets roasted with loads of herbs and lemon basted and baked. So here is my version.
Whole Chicken- 800 gms to1 kg (I bought a skinned one)
Balsamic Vinegar- 1/2 cup
Dry Herbs (Rosemerry, Thyme, Parseley, Basil, Tarragon)- 1/2 tea spoon each (Herb collection from Urban Flaborz)
Dry lemon Grass- few sprigs
Chicken garlic seasoning- 1/2 teaspoon
Honey- 2 table spoon
Green Chilli Sauce- 1 tea spoon
Sugar- 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - As per taste
Olive oil- 1/2 tea spoon
Sweet red chilli sauce
Whole Garlic cloves- 4-5
- Take the whole chicken and make some cuts on the body with a knife. Marinate the whole chicken with all the ingredients except the olive oil, garlic and sweet red chilli sauce for minimum 6hrs. Over night marinating is suggested for best result.
- Power on the OTG. Set the temperature at 240C degree. Put the Chicken on the rotisserie and bake for 60mnts. Don't discard the juice, reserve.
- In a pan heat the olive oil and add the garlic. Let it turn slight brown and the add the juice out of the marinated chicken. Add sweet chili sauce and keep on stirring till it gets thicken.
- Take out the chicken from the rotisserie and then brush the sauce all over it and serve hot with bread/ pasta/ salads or any thing of your choice.
- I served with pasta stirred in Amul cream.
1. Whenever you will grill or roast something don't forget to put a tray below it. Other wise the juice dropping from the stuff will mess the bottom of the OTG and it will be very difficult to clean.
2. It is always recommended to glaze roasted chicken/ fish with some sauce for better taste.