Everyday we face so many types of incidents and many keep a deep insight in our heart. We share and we start to value on it with a hope may be a little effort can help to change the world. Today I would like to share one incident that I had already shared in my Facebook status. Those who are connected with me had already read this. Now I would liked to share with my readers who have not read it yet…
The other day on the way to my daughter's school, my driver drew my attention to a biker who was carrying his son of 5-6 yrs old on his back sit. The boy was peacefully sleeping, resting his head on his Father's (guessed) back without holding anything or he was tied up to anything. Just at the glance my heart jumped with some uncanny fear and I told my driver to slow down the car by the biker. I shouted to the man informing that his son was sleeping. The man patted his son with one hand and asked:
"Ki re ghumochhish??? (Are you sleeping??)"
And without stopping he sped away to his destination. After that I didn't know why my heart kept on pounding and all those unwanted fears started to rule over my mind.
I was really trying to console my mind that everything was fine or would be fine. But could not stop blaming the man, who himself was wearing a helmet but carrying his son without any safety belts, helmets or any kind of protection. Every day we read so many tragic incidents about the bikers till why not people get aware of this???? And we keep on blaming others.
Blaming other is easy, but once you blame yourself life will become easier for you and easier for others too.....
Now let me come to my today's preparation. I bought fruit again with a mind set of using them in my baking or in the desserts. After the huge success of Cherry Dark Egg Less Cake my confidence level increased another level and this time I bought a pack of Apricot. Honestly speaking I have only tasted this fruit in chocolates. Never in my dreams I have thought of bringing them home and eat or use in some dish. But now I want more fruit in my kitchen either for baking or preparing desserts or something less. Dry Apricot is very famous and hugely found in India. But the raw fruit I found first time in Kolkata. May be it had missed my eyes as I was a rare visitor of the fruit section where now I love to spend more time exploring the range of fruits available in the market. To read more about Apricot you can visit HERE. Apricot is a very nutritious fruit which helps to protect the heart and eyes, as well as provide the disease-fighting effects of fiber. It also helps to prevent constipation and digestive conditions.
The Apricots I bought, were very tart. I decided to first use them raw rather than baking them. So the other day I made this divine dessert which melts in mouth and leaves a tart sweetness of the Apricot, Cherry, Chocolate and the Ice Cream. In every bite you will have the tart bite amalgamated with the sweetness. Now let us have a look to the recipe.
A Rectangle loaf pan (Size: 6" X 3")
For the Chocolate Layer:
Chocolate- 3/4 cup (Grated)
Whole fat Cream- 1/2 cup (or you can use 3 scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream)
Cherry- 8-10 seeded and sliced
For the Ice Cream layer:
Vanilla Ice Cream-3 scoops
Apricot- 2 seeded and sliced
- Put the chocolate in a dry microwave safe bowl. Microwave it for 10secs. Then stir. If the chocolate is not melted then again microwave for 5secs. Microwave and stir alternatively till the chocolate is melted.
- Add the Ice Cream in it, Mix them nicely and melt for 10 secs more. Make sure the Ice Cream and the Chocolate should blend together nicely.
- Add the sliced cherries, mix with it and make two separate portions and reserve.
- Take the 3 scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream. Microwave it for 10secs. Add the Apricots. Mix well.
- Now take a rectangle loaf pan (Size: 6" X 3"). Take aluminum foil and line in the pan very cautiously and slowly so that there should not me much folds or wrinkles in the foil. The best way is first make the pan upside down then cover the foil and take the impression of the pan. The foil it self will look like the same shape of the pan. Then take the pan and fit the foil in it.
- Now take the first half of the Chocolate and layer it evenly. Freeze it for 30 mnts.
- Then pour the Ice Cream layer on the first layer. Freeze it for an hour.
- Then again take out the pan and pour the remaining chocolate layer on the second layer.
- Freeze over night and then enjoy the Apricot Cherry Choco Ice Cream Fudge in slices.
If the weather is too hot then keep the remaining portions (Which you will use later) of the chocolate and Ice Cream in the refrigerator. Just take them out 10-15 mnts before you will do the next layer.