I bought a package of marshmallow since a long time. Though it’s not so long, I felt it had been a decade, as I almost forgot about the existence of the packet. Thanks to god that while cleaning my cupboard in the recent weeks, I found the untouched package and noticed the date about to expire. I bought it in thought of making homemade fondant roll. But somehow it didn’t turn out. This weekend I spent almost an hour in search of some nice recipes on marshmallow after my mind to save it from trashing off. I didn’t have the plan or energy to make fondant roll anymore, so I wanted some different and easy recipe to devour it. And then I found this Site and the recipe of Chocolate Marshmallow Slices. It is too easy to make and just tastes heaven. Each bite will give you a soft gooey chocolaty crunchy taste. The amalgamated combination of the chocolate, marshmallow and the nuts incorporated in a savoury sweet treat. Both my husband and my daughter (and me too) gobbled up it like crazy little children, same as our daughter. THis recipe is borrowed from Sheknows' Food & Recipes. Following is the recipe.
|Chocolate Marshmallow Slices|
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1 package miniature marshmallows (10&1/2 ounces)
1 cup finely chopped nuts
1. Melt butter and chocolate chips in a medium saucepan over low heat.
2. Stir constantly until both are well mixed.
3. Remove from heat; cool for five minutes. Stir in marshmallows and nuts. Do not allow marshmallows to melt.
4. Take a tray and spread a wax paper. On wax paper, pour the mixture and flatten. Gently roll the mixture using the wax paper but be careful not to roll the wax paper along with the mixture. Every time you roll take out the wax paper.
5. Refrigerate overnight. Cut the roll into slices. Though it is told to store in airtight container in cool, dry place, I reserved it in the refrigerator only.
Updating the post and sending it to the ongoing event of Kolkata Food Bloggers...